[ale] geforce3

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 22 14:59:07 EDT 2001

> I use a GFrorce3 on my desktop, dual boot.  Works great.  Big trick, get
> the nvidia drivers from ftp.nvidia.com.  Download the GLX and kernel modules,
> install em,  then configure your XFree86 per norm.  After you install, edit
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and change the instance of "nf" to "nvidia"  works
> absolutely great and looks amazing.

Well, there are couple of other things you need to do as well. You need to
remove references to the DRI the GLcore stuff and add in the GLX reference. All
of ths info is in the readm/installation docs for the nvidia drivers. I use a
Geforce2 MX card and this driver works well for me. The docs say it works fine
for the GeForce 3 card as well but as alawyas, your mileage may vary.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
        "Anything worth fighting over is worth fighting dirty over"