[ale] Linux Backup Solutions

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Oct 18 12:25:19 EDT 2001

This is a question near and dear to my heart - I have been wanting to spend
some time to work out a system using SystemImager to clone a system to a
bootable Resore CD, then make incremental backups of config files and data
directories to a choice of media (floppy, ZIP, HD, Cd, etc), but just
haven't had time (and the bad news is, I'm still new enough that it is gonna
be a monster project for me).

I would also be very interested in any ideas or pointers that will make this
easier.

Thanks

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Calvin Harrigan [mailto:charrig at earthlink.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 5:58 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] Linux Backup Solutions

Yeah I know, many questions today.  {Day off you know...  :-)  }  I was
wondering what you guys use for a complete system backup under linux.  I was
thinking something that I could restore to a new hard drive if my current
drive fails.   Actually any ideas on backup under linux would be greatly
appreciated...

Calvin
--
Signature?