[ale] vpn

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed Oct 17 18:19:31 EDT 2001

Am I correct in beliveing that I can just setup 2 linux boxen (one local,
one remote), setup ipchains or iptables or whatever, and use ssh to tunnel
all my traffic between the 2 securely (aside from the most recent ssh vuln)?
I have some win clients on both sides, but couldn't I just forward
everything across the secure wire?  I hate supporting windows (because I
don't know how it works as well as i do linux).  I've got a samba PDC setup
too.  Will windows be able to do it's silly little SMB stuff over ssh?
Would I have to use ppp over ssh or something?  I'm new to vpn stuff, so any
insights would be appreciated greatly (my brain is fried from long day at
work).

eeech,
CB

p.s.