[ale] RPM displays error msg

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Tue Oct 9 21:41:21 EDT 2001

Hi John,

   Unfortunately, upgrading the RPM can cause library nightmares.  I tried it once, and it effectively broke several parts of my system.  I eventually backed out the newer RPM and the libs it required, and just live with the older version.  Yet another reason I don't like .rpm's.
   I highly suggest you check out RedHat's web site support/forum area.  There are many messages there about the problems that occur when upgrading the RPM package.  By now, there might even be a fix for the library problems.

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith