[ale] Telnet/rsh problem

John R. Allgood john at turbocorp.com
Wed Oct 3 12:01:32 EDT 2001

I have a modem access router that I use to dial in to my work from home.
The problem is that I can telnet to a Redhat 5.2 machine and and SCO
openserver machine with no problems, I can even export displays back to
this machine but when I try to telnet to a 6.0 or greater machine then
telnet does not work. Everything with these server is set up the same
including hosts,hosts.equiv, and DNS. Here is the output of my telnet
session.

Trying 198.212.166.77...
Connected to Ariel.turbocorp.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

I never gives me a login. Any ideas would be appreciated. The router I
am using is a compatiable RISC router 2900i.

Thanks
--
John R. Allgood - ESC
Gainesville, Ga. 30501 USA