[ale] rh 6.2 > 7.2=No sound

John J. Cruz casacruz at bellatlantic.net
Thu Nov 29 20:07:08 EST 2001

Jim,

I have tried all the obvious checks and beyond but to no avail.  Since my PC is
dual boot and playing music CDs works under win95 and the same with rh 6.2 when
it was installed, I remain confident that the problem is software and not
hardware related including volume adjustments.

Searching the Internet using google.com yields very little with the exception
that in some instances folks have been able to solve other related problems  by
configuring the IDE drives to that of rh Linux and running depmod.

Do you know what file contains information about what IDE channel is connected to
what drive?  Thanks for your help.

jjc