[ale] NumLock?

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Nov 28 08:23:50 EST 2001

"ChangingLINKS.com" wrote:

> Okay, running RedHat 7.2 (and 7.1 before). When I boot the computer the
> NumLock status in the BOIS is "ON." When I put WinBlows in the same computer
> (removable drive) the NumLock is on - and works.
> I actually asked this question at the InstallFest and no one knew - so kudos
> to the guy that can tell me:
>
> How do I configure RedHat 7.2 so that the number pad is default "ON"?

I don't know if RH is the same as Mandrake, but on Mandrake 8.0, there's
a /etc/rc.d/init.d/numlock script that you can use to turn this off/on.
It uses something called setleds.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html