[ale] top selling points for linux...? [anti-flame]

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Nov 26 09:23:05 EST 2001

The internet was invented by UNIX people.
Microsoft has been playing catchup in the networking area since it's
inception.
Linux was built on the best ideas of all of the preceeding UNIX
variants.
Every major OS development house, except Microsoft, has embraced Linux
as the rising star to be adopted ASAP.
Microsoft has clearly identified Linux as a serious, competetive threat
to it's server market and a growing threat to it's desktop market.
The better Microsft OS products become, the more UNIX-like they get. So
why bother with an imitation when you can have the real thing?
The UNIX security model allows a desktop system to be locked down and
unchangable for the casual user. This make multi-user environments
maintainable.
Yes, UNIX admins cost more to have on staff, but they can maintain more
machines than 3 windows admins, but cost like 1.5 windows admins.
Standards Compliant.

I think I could continue for another 3000 words.