[ale] Video Cards

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Sun Nov 25 13:02:47 EST 2001

I've got a machine with an Asus K7V mobo in it (about a year and a half
old).  Right now I have a 4MB SiS 6326 AGP video card in it (it came
real cheap in another machine that came from Frontech).  I put RH 7.2 on
it last night and it works, but it strikes me as being real slow.  I've
got it at 16bpp, 1024x768.  FWIW, Tux Racer's frame rate looks to be on
the order of 1 frame/sec - quite unplayable.

I'm not a gamer but I need to get things going a bit beter than this.
 What can I 1) pick up for not very much $ at your basic Best Buy, Micro
Center, etc. 2) get to work w/o issue or hassle in the newest distros?

- Jeff