[ale] Samba issue

Mark E. Schill Mark.Schill at cmschill.net
Wed Nov 21 09:14:21 EST 2001

This may be a simple problem, but here it goes:

I have installed Samba on my Linux system (RedHat 7.2)  and have an HP
printer attached to it. I also have a Windows 2000 system that I want to be
able to print to that printer. Everytime I try and connect I get a login box
and no matter what I type it still comes back. I have tried just about
everything. If I cancel the login box I can see the printer but can not
access it. I get a access denied message.  I am able to mount my Windows 2000
drives on my linux system so I don't think it is a password encryption issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark