[ale] letter from Memorex on my CD-RW drive

Scott Harris grynux at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 20 17:38:14 EST 2001

I had emailed Memorex about my issue with my CD-RW drive and
this is the response I got from them, I am going to see if this fixes my
problem.
A couple of things on the system can cause this problem.  These issues
have proven to work for me more times than I can count.  Go through
themand check to be sure you're system is correct.1. Remove any
CD-ROM 16 bit DOS drivers, they are known to conflict withthe Windows 32 bit
drivers.
2. Uncheck DMA & Auto Insert on your Writer, in the Device
Manager.
3.  Check the Hard Disk Controllers (Remove Bus mastering
drivers if present in the Primary or Secondary IDE
controllers). 4. Check for Power Management in the Bios and in
control panel (Set to off/never). 5. Close all programs except for
systray and explorer before writing. (Use CTRL/ALT/DEL) + Task
Manager.6. Turn off any Screen Saver, Virus Checkers, Crash Guards,
Etc.7. Defrag your Hard Drive to eliminate Buffer Underruns.8.
Using NTI CD Maker Pro.  Make sure that you are running the latest
writing software updates (3.6.850MX). Also make sure the product has
themost current firmware revision.  Check our WEB page (<A
href="http://www.memorex.com">www.memorex.com) for the most current
versions.  The firmware revision  upgrade for the CDRW-4224 for
the is located at this site: <A
href="http://www.memorexlive.com">www.memorexlive.com9. We recommend
Memorex media to eliminate media issues.  However at minimum, make sure
that you are using a Brand Name media, due to qualityconcerns with
non-branded media. Make sure you are not using MUSIC or DA(Digital Audio)
CD-R or CD-RW CD's because thet are not compatible with computer CD
writers.
Scott