[ale] Telocity Woes

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Nov 20 00:12:33 EST 2001

Well,

It is 12am and I do not have a netwokr connection yet.  It appears that I am
getting a solid green light on power then later during the hour I get a
solid red on status.  I've come to the conclusion this means a failure to
connect.  I'm using IE under win98 to configure the unit.  Notice I'm not
using the software that came with it.  Tier 1 believed that rebooting the
windows machine would
correct the problem.  I've should have known.  Earlier today I knew that it
arrived and did not
rush home to hook it up.  Why?  Because I did not want the emotinal stress
of the unit failing to
work out of the box.  I had cable modem 2 years ago.  It took me 3 weeks to
get it working.  And afterwards it would go down between 8pm - 10pm.  I do
not want to revisit those issues.  Tier 1 believes that my DSL gateway unit
may be bad.  The odds pf that are low.  Anyone else here have
similar issues or can give some uplifting advise.  Like "Forget about fixing
it before Thanksgiving".  Or,  "No DSL till New Years's"

Thanks,
Chris Fowler