[ale] Linux General Store (LGS) was, Re: [ale] Linux Distro CDs

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Nov 15 08:12:47 EST 2001

Vernard Martin wrote:

> Actually I have an update on the Linux General Store. Mindy, the Significant
> other of the founder and owner of the Linux General Store is a sysadmin and
> co-worker for an acquaintance of mine. She said that LGS is still operating but
> mainly performs consulting services and no longer provides a walk-in service.
> Pretty much par for the course of linux companies these days.

So they gave up their domain as well?  I would have figured they'd hang
on to it.  Maybe they did, and aren't serving anything at this time?
I'd like to keep some local Linux companies on hand as it appears my
employer is taking some interesting looks at Linux, including possible
desktop usage.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport