[ale] [OT, maybe] Help indentifying xeon motherboard

Jeb Barger jeb_barger at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 18:01:01 EST 2001

I got a great present from work today, a nice dual xeon motherboard with
2 processors.  I think it will make a great new Nix Box.  However, I
have one problem, nobody knows anything about the mb  I have tried to
poke around the web and will continue to do so, but I thought I would
ask to save some time.

There are a lot of markings on the board (no FIC number).  It is an
Intel FW82443GX chipset, with adaptec onboard scsi, 6 pci (one is
shared).  Onboard NIC and Cirrus Logic Graphic card, and 2 USB ports.
Anybody have an ideas how to find out the make and model?  If not, the
only thing that worries me is what power supply to use.  It has an ATX
connect, but right next to it looks like a half AT style power connect
(near where the VRM connects to it).

Any help would be appreciated.