[ale] RTFM

Arafat Mohamed abmtek at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 12:35:47 EST 2001

I didn't think you meant it that way :)

The reason I added the second half of my post is because I have seen the
RTFM reaction before and it bothers me. So I took this opportunity to
remind everyone the reason that drew me to Linux and the open source
commmunity in the first place. We help each other out because we are a
community. And like my teacher used to say, "there are no stupid
question, only stupid answers" ;-)

I do like the idea of adding a footer with a faq and a link to "specific
posts" that could be usefull. The problem with search engines is getting
the right keywords and sifting through the numerous unrelated links that
you invariably get.

Like I said, the biggest problem I had was not having gotten the smbfs
package. Nowhere in my searches did I find a specific link to this. If
anything all I got was "make sure you have samba". In this case the
samba package wasn't enough. It was only after going back and forth with
Michael that we were able to nail the problem.