[ale] xsession

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Fri Nov 2 21:54:32 EST 2001

rob hoppe wrote:

> I have a reflection X package on my windoze pc and want to remotely
> access a linux box.  Is xsession the answer?

Hi Rob,

   I don't recall what xsession is in reflectionX, but all you should have to do is run the client wizard and answer a few questions.

   rX can/will start up just about anything you can start locally.  telnet sessions, xterm, other X-based displays, doesn't matter.  You can have it use your Linux box as the display manager, meaning what you see on your rX screen is the same you would see at the console.  In this mode, it acts like a X-terminal.  You have to have xdm running on the Linux box (not sure if GDM/KDM support it), and use the XDMB (direct or broadcast) tool in rX.

   Which version are you running?  I have 6.x and 8.x here (yes, I still have a winbloze box laying around).

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith