[ale] RedHat 7.1 ls Filename Sort Weirdness

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Nov 2 13:46:35 EST 2001

[...]

    Danny>         In RedHat 7.1 however, they're sorted ignoring
    Danny> case.  I want to turn this abomination off, and I think
    Danny> there is probably a simple way to do it, but I can't even
    Danny> find a reference to it.  Help?

        The default locale is probably set to `en_US' rather than `C',
which gives the behavior you're seeing.  Make sure that the LANG
environment variable gets set to C in your .whateverrc file or
/etc/profile and that should fix things.

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=