[ale] portsentry question

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Thu May 31 22:02:11 EDT 2001

'natch, port 143 is for the IMAP mailbox protocol.

Regardless, I have PortSentry 1.0 installed on Red Hat 7.1 (with Raw Hide
upgrades) and IMAP installed (though IMAP immediately closes any outside
attempt to connect). No probs. so far. Whoops, it's thundering outside, so
I've gotta go now ...

but it's disabled by default