[ale] s_l_o_w g_n_o_m_e

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun May 27 16:35:17 EDT 2001

I put on a new RedHat 7.1 (with SGI xfs :} ) and added the new ximian
gnome 1.4 and all the toys. Now, my mailcheck takes 10-11 secs. from click
to open term window with pine. Just bringing up a terminal
(gnome-terminal) take 8-10 secs. Before the gnome 1.4 upgrade (?) click to
start time was well under 2 secs for mailcheck with pine.

Has anyone seen this besides me? Has ximian changed gnome-terminal?