[ale] BellSouth DSL and Windows "Internet Sharing"...

Patrick Jones pjones at newcomb-boyd.com
Tue May 22 18:00:29 EDT 2001

This may seem dumb but after you installed the ppoe
software, does your network still work?  I have a friend
who installed the winfire software and it completely
crapped out his network connections.  So much to the point
that when he unininstalled the software that the only way
to get back his networking was a reformat/reinstall of windows.

As for a better router, try cyote linux on a floppy - which is
what I am running with Mindspring.  Or you could spend a few bucks
and get a Linksys or Netgear DSL router.