[ale] (OT) Samba support on Solaris?

Jeffrey B Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Tue May 22 09:58:19 EDT 2001

Hello,

   I've been using Samba on a variety of platforms
including HP and Linux for about 18 months and
I've never had any trouble. However, in the new scheme
of things here, we are moving to a center file server
that are Sun boxes, for most everything. I've told the
monkey in charge of the project that we need Samba
(or equivalent) installed. The commercial option is
too expensive, but this monkey wants to have somebody
he can call if Samba goes down (he's a weenie admin
but unfortunately in charge).
   Does anybody of a company that will support Samba
on Solaris?

TIA,

Jeff Layton

Lockheed-Martin