[ale] PHP 4.05 on SuSE

Josh Freeman josh.freeman at arch.gatech.edu
Mon May 21 14:47:42 EDT 2001

Does anyone have any experience setting up PHP 4.05 as an apache module
on SuSE, probably version 7.0? I got it working relatively easily on
SuSE7.1, but the same tricks aren't working on 7.0. Here's what I've
done so far:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs --with-pgsql
make
make install

The --with-apxs switch adds the followng line to httpd.conf:

LoadModule php4_module        /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so

There is no corresponding AddModule line, however.

I also have the mime types set up, but whenever I go to a page that has
the phpinfo() tag, it reports back that I am  still using php 3.0. Yes,
I still have php3 still loaded, as I think that both can coexist on the
same server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--