[ale] desktops for older machines

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Tue May 15 16:51:14 EDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Thompson Freeman wrote:

> Several years ago, I ran a 486/33Mhz machine under X with (?? fvwm ??) as
> the window manager. Once I had enough memory in it, it ran fine.

I'm curious -- how much was "enough memory"?

                    __   _                As your clown dominant, I am
Ben Phillips       /  '_' )         ,,,   your excruciating source for
pynk at angband.org   |  | ()|||||||||[:::)  bondage and discipline, hot wax,
                   \__.-._)         ```   making you laugh while I hurt you...
                                          Trust me, I'm a clown.