[ale] RH 7 access to kppp without root password

Jim Seymour jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 13 02:09:02 EDT 2001

Hi All,

    After much searching and reading I still have not figured out how to

allow a user to access kppp under RH 7 with entering the root password.
The consolehelper info at redhat's web site still didn't seem to answer
my question.  Let's just say I am running a basic RH 7 system and I want

to allow user Joe to be able to use kppp and not allow user Jack.
Neither one of them should know the root password.  Could someone show
me the light?

Many Thanks from a Linux novice,

Jim Seymour