[ale] hex

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 16:41:49 EDT 2001

well then, how do people program in machine language?
i want to make REALLY tiny programs and if i use c c++
or similar there will allways be unneeded code there
from where it has to be compatible with many different
instances... my understanding is when its compiled it
has stuff it may never use cause it was not needed to
run the program. i want to write stuff for bios, boot
records, and programs that are tiny so they execute
faster not to mention its good practice :) your
telling me i cant edit notepad? why do programs cease
to work if you change the overall size of them in a
hex editor? im here to learn! feed my hunger! hehhee