[ale] What were they thinking?

Sage morrigu_irm at springmail.com
Thu May 10 11:02:15 EDT 2001

Ummmm...forgive my inherent slowness to understand anything, but if this is a C++ problem, why are a bunch people having problems, but a good many others are not? I have been debating whether or not to get Mandrake8 because of this mess. There doesn't seem to be a common denominator for boxes with problems for me to make any type of judgement call. I guess I'll just have to get it and try my luck.

You pays your money, you takes your chances, I suppose.

-Sage

I found this link on the KDE home page:

http://dot.kde.org/989353453/

The discussion suggests that KDE developers are, in fact, very concerned about speed and are doing something about it. The problem is apparently inherent with C++. The
libraries are slow to link at startup time.

Jim Philips

Worldwide Customer Support
S1 Corporation
3390 Peachtree Rd., Suite 1700, Atlanta, GA 30326
Email: jim.philips at s1.com Phone: 678-421-4611
www.s1.com