[ale] mediaOne modem

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at openpenguin.com
Tue May 8 14:41:48 EDT 2001

I understand the others who have expressed problems with AT&T.  I did have
some around X-mas which was annoying.  Since then I have had a day or two
where the connection is a bit flacky.  But overall I have had good results
with the service.  When I had the long outage, AT&T sent someone out next
day (Sunday morning) to help me.  Turned out that the problem was outside my
house and it was fixed within 2 days.

I did hear that AT&T will be increasing rates by $7 starting June 1 to
$46.95.  But still better than a dialup line.

I actually have a linksys router installed between my local net and the
cable modem.  I am planning on replacing the linksys with a dual 733 HP
Netserver this weekend.  I let RH 7.1 do everything for me.  I just made
sure that eth0 was set to use dhcp.

Anyone know a good way of finding out which eth* represents each of my 2
cards?  I cannot figure out which is which so I can set the one with the
right MAC adress to be the dhcp one.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Woodruff