[ale] RH7.1/mail notification

Jason MisterRain at intemperance.net
Mon May 7 12:19:09 EDT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jerry Z. Yu wrote:

> according to RH-7.1 release notes, sendmail is configured to receive from
> localhost only, by default. this probably will generate 'no new mail'
> situation. but 'no mail' thing sounds like something else.

I may have been unclear -- I did catch the sendmail configuration
mentioned in the release notes and that's set up; no problem receiving
mail.  What I'm talking about here is that when I logged in under RH6.2,
I'd see a message that said either "You have new mail," "You have mail,"
or "No mail," as appropriate.  I no longer see this message upon login.