[ale] RH7.1/mail notification

Jason MisterRain at intemperance.net
Mon May 7 10:40:20 EDT 2001

I just upgraded to Redhat 7.1 (thanks again to everybody who gave me
feedback on this a while back), and despite a couple of minor hitches
everything's running fine.

One weird thing, though -- now I don't get the usual "You have new mail/no
mail" message upon logging in.  Not a big deal, but I'd like to get it
back.  Any suggestions?  A usenet search hasn't turned anything up so far;
a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.  Thanks.