[ale] FreeBSD list?

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Fri May 4 19:54:43 EDT 2001

>>Next question;
>>
>>My husband wants to start mucking about with FreeBSD. Anyone got a
>>good list I can refer him to, for when he finally mucks himself into
>>the point of no return?  :)
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>-Sage

Check this page:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html

The general FreeBSD list is freebsd-questions, which is fairly high
volume.  There is also a usenet group - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
I think a lot of the mailing list traffic, if not all, goes to the
newsgroup also.

I also very strongly recommend getting The FreeBSD Powerpak.  It's got
the 4 CD OS set, the 6 CD FreeBSD Toolkit, and _The Complete FreeBSD_, a
700+ page guide/reference/manual.  The FreeBSD Powerpak is $99.00 from
Walnut Creek (now BSDi - now WindRiver) www.wccdrom.com, -but-, you can
find it at a Staples near you for about $50.00.  Well worth the money.

...alan

(linux fortune)