[ale] kapm-idle Mandrake 8

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 15:18:00 EDT 2001

Cade,

The General -> APM config options are part of the kenel build process
(make menuconfig).  Since you are using a stock Mandrake kernel, then
it looks like they have built APM idle-prcocessing into their kernel.
I would suggest that you contact them, but I really doubt that they
will re-release a kernel just for this reason.  Alternatively you could
d/l the Mandrake 8 kernel source and recompile it w/o that option.
Kernel compiling isn't for everyone, but it certainly isn't for only a
few.

-Jim P.