[ale] SAMBA - NT Speed

Jeff Hubbs jhubbs at telocity.com
Thu Mar 29 23:35:03 EST 2001

I don't have a real definitive answer, but do you know if there is a
buffer control in Win2K?  In Win95/98, in SYSTEM.INI there is a [386enh]
section where you can put the line
"Irq<irq_number_of_ethernet_card>=4096" to create a 4MB buffer.  You
also might wan to make sure that your NICs are really running in duplex
mode if your switch supports it.  If you're on a 10base-T hub, you may
not be able to do any better than what you're getting just because of
collisions.  It may well be that SMB is more collision-happy than FTP.

- Jeff