[ale] crypt()

Peter Ekstrom pekstrom at rugrat.org
Thu Mar 29 09:35:28 EST 2001

Chris,

I believe that the number of characters actually used in a password varies
between different implementations of UNIX (and most likely other OSes as well).

I know Solaris only uses the first 8 characters, I think Linux is the same way
but I'm not sure about that.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

//Peter