[ale] WYSIWYG?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Mar 27 18:09:00 EST 2001

John Wells wrote:

> I'm on a project where we need a WYSIWYG web editor
> for linux.
>
> The need to get the project out the door necessitates
> a WYSIWYG rather than vi/emacs.

Have you tried bluefish?  I believe it's free.  Check out
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl .

What I like about it is that you seen the actual coded, but still have a
wysiwyg kind of approach as you can fire up your browser to display your
code.  It has all kinds of short cut buttons to create your code, like
forms, lists, tables, css and so on.

Not truly wysisyg since you're looking at the code, but as noted, you
can fire your browser up from within bluefish to view your code and then
refresh it as you need to.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein