[ale] 3Com905/DHCP problem - HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! ('m drowning over here)

I. Herman izzmo at mediaone.net
Tue Mar 27 14:43:18 EST 2001

I need help here.  I have been running a
Linksys LNE100TX which uses the Tulip driver.  I just installed the 3Com
which supposedly runs of either the 3c90x or 3c59x module.  I can get
passed the "Delaying initialization" when running on the 59x driver, but when I
try to do an insmod for the 3c90x I get butt-loads of unresolved symbols.
When using the 3c59x mod/drv, it goes to "Gathering information from
DHCPCD" or whatever, but that fails every time.  I am running the 2.4.2,
2.4.1-9, 2.2.17-21mdk kernels, none of which I can get this driver running
on.

3COM had the drivers for Linux...but they were made
for older kernels, and when I try to compile them, they don't finish the
compiling due to lack of "symbols."

All ideas/suggestions welcomed.

Izzie