[ale] A DHCP server on a firewall

David Hamm dhamm at itrepro.com
Tue Mar 27 12:53:35 EST 2001

I'm not a security expert but it seems the risk could be low.  I syspect you
only want to serve dhcp to the internal net.  If so then you could tell dhpcd to
only listen for requests on eth?.  You could do this on the command line or in
the dhcpd.conf file.

 On Tue, 27 Mar
2001, Kenn wrote: > >%_Hi there,

>     Some of you may have read my post about iptables. Well I have moved past those hurdles. Actually iptables is really nice. I am pleased. My question however is this.
>
>     I have set up a firewall and tested it. I works well now I am toying with the idea of setting up DHCP. Is this safe I have never used it beofre and it seems like a good idea at first. Users just plug in and there you go! All set. But what are the security risks?
>
> Thank you
> Ken

David Hamm
Systems Analyst