[ale] Remote hard reboot?

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Mon Mar 26 17:13:11 EST 2001

You could use a serial console management device.  This will allow you to obtain console access via the network or via modem.  We happen to sell such a device.  16, 32, 48, or 64 ports in 3U's.  You then can compile serial-5.05 driver into your linux kernel and send break command that will allow you to restart the unit and a few other features.  You can also use a port of our unit to control a power management device that you can use to issue a hard power cycle to the APC unit.

We have many people doing this. How many units do you need to control?