[ale] getting PDF from web page?

Roggie Boone rogboone at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 16:36:30 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm running RH 7.0 with Apache and Tomcat.  I've
written some java beans and jsp code to access
a Postgres database and display some tables of
data.  I now need a way to "pretty print" these
tables (which extend over several pages when printed
straight from the browser).  Is there a program to
convert the dynamic html pages into PDF that can
be created and downloaded?  Ideally, I'd have a
button at the top of the web page saying "Click
here for a PDF version" and then it would generate
the pdf version and display it in Acrobat.

Will I have to write a "PDF" version of all my
jsp code?  Or can I somehow specify in the jsp
code that the return type should be "pdf" instead
of "html"?

Thanks in advance,
Roggie Boone