[ale] Abit-BP6 board half dead

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at innoverse.com
Fri Mar 23 18:41:03 EST 2001

I've got a nice little box with a BP-6 motherboard running two 500MHz
Celerons - until earlier this week when one of the cpu sockets dies taking
its cpu with it. I'm still half way running but response times bite without
two cpus. Now I find that BP6's aren't the easiest things to find but a new
board the VP6 is. Unfortunately, the VP6 docs don't mention the Celeron
explicitly which leads me to believe it won't work for me. Can anyone make
any recommendations about how to proceed? I definitely want to end up with at
least a dual 500MHz CPU machine and price is extremely the issue right now
cause my expenses have recently been mocking my income.

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey