[ale] LPRng

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 06:51:22 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, James Kinney wrote:

> I've recieved that same hang as well. Mine tracked down to be faulty
> postscript from netscape.

I don't think that's it, because:

I can take that file, scp it to hermes, and lpr it from that computer.
It works fine, then.  It's just very inconvenient.

I can also print this same file on lolly's local printer, a Canon BJ200ex
B/W printer.  Obviously, that, too, would require processing by
ghostscript.

> If gv can't open it, it won't print. Also, make sure you're runing
> ghostscript >= 5.5.

gv can open it.

Version info:

[glasher at hermes glasher]$ gs -v
GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13)
Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights
reserved.
[glasher at hermes glasher]$ gv -v
gv 3.5.8

[glasher at lolly glasher]$ gs -v
GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13)
Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights
reserved.
[glasher at lolly glasher]$ gv -v
gv 3.5.8

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.