[ale] Stupid C Question

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Wed Mar 21 16:51:22 EST 2001

I have a file that looks like this

DATA:DATA:DATA

Each line is a new record and the DATA of each one can be of variable length.  I have tried to read the whole file in buffer and use sscanf to parse but that seems to yield no results.  I want to place each piece of DATA into character arrays.  The number of records in the file could be variable as well.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciate.  If you could point me to good documentation on reading, writing, parsing, and changing of disks files using C, I would appreciate that to.  I have many books on C but non really explain how to work with files.  Most of my files are config files that I am trying to create an interface to change them.

Thanks,
Chris