[ale] Old devices on 100Base-T network

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 14 11:03:15 EST 2001

I have never seen anything convert from AUI to 100baseX.  It would have to be a fairly fat converter though to go from 100mhz to what I am guessing would be around 10mhz. (if that) (Cat3 runs at 16mhz and supports fulldux at 10mb) I know AUI cable (thicknet) only supports 10half.  unless you find one of these converts at a yard sale, I think I would have to say by a cheapo 10/100 hub. (make sure it is autosensing and not a switchable)

http://www.telekomnet.com/asp_partnum/part_num.asp?part_num=NDH305%2FA&store=SOHO

-Patrick

Jeff Hubbs <Jhubbs at niit.com> wrote:
>  Chris -

Someone might prove me wrong, but I think you're outta luck there.  You will
probably have to solve your problem at the hub or switch (i.e., get a 10/100
one)

- Jeff