[ale] Netscape 4.76 & POP

Scott Nolde smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Mon Mar 12 19:30:28 EST 2001

Can anyone recommend fetchmail and imapd as a solution?  Run a (properly
secured) IMAP server on your machine and configure fetchmail.  Then make
netscape to retrieve the mail from your local machine.

Does this sound reasonable?

- Scott

David Corbin wrote:

> I've Netscape 4.76 running, and I've been using it to access IMAP
> servers for some time.  Now, I find I need to access a POP3 server,
> however when I attempt to add this server, the "Server Type" combo only
> has IMAP as a choice.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions as to why, or how to work around it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S.  While I'm not really found of Netscape as a mail reader, I haven't
> found anything else that meets all my feature criteria.
>
> --
> David Corbin
> dcorbin at machturtle.com

Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
glaze!                       |
7:25pm up 3 days, 19:34, 2 users, load average: 1.12, 1.04, 1.01