[ale] redhat 7.0 install problems

thermite at mindspring.com thermite at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 11 01:52:08 EST 2001

Hey peeps,
     It's been about two years since I've used Linux and I just recently bought redhat Linux 7.0 to install on an older P1 100Mhz box. After I boot linux from the boot disc and start the install *with* the CD in the CD-ROM the boot process never makes it to the text install start screen. I press alt-F4 and every 10 seconds I'll see the message 'hdc: interrupt lost' appear on the screen. It never passes that point. If I boot *without* the CD in the CD-ROM, I'll make it to the text install, it prompts for the CD eventually and it locks up again. I recieve the same message when I press alt-F4. I've tried running the autoboot from the DOS prompt and after the kernel is loaded and the text install begins, it will do the same thing. I'm trying to use a ATAPI OPTICS 12X CD-ROM plugged into my secondary IDE. I'm wondering is there a work around this, is it my CD-ROM, or anything :) Thanks guys for your input.

-=(TherMite)=-
Roman Dean
thermite at mindspring.com