[ale] Telocity help?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Fri Mar 9 13:03:06 EST 2001

It might depend on which Telocity modem you're using (Jason, you probably
have the new VelociPort, whereas I have the older (and less fancy) box. But
on mine, I was able to get DHCP working (no PPPoE was necessary).

IIRC, Red Hat 6.2 marked the intro of their DHCP/BOOTP unified client called
pump. That had *serious* issues, though most of those had to do with
hostname-based authentication (my gateway does MAC-based authentication).

You may have to directly edit your /etc/ifup and ifdown scripts to use
dhcpcd instead. Since dhcpcd isn't installed by default, you'll also need to
install that package from your CD.