[ale] Telocity help?

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Fri Mar 9 12:58:03 EST 2001

Actually, with Telocity, you are not using PPPOE.  You have a static IP but
you use DHCP.  I had the same problem Jason had.  I ended up unplugging and
replugging my Telocity Gateway and everything worked fine.  Try opening up a
web browser and go to the 10.*.*.* address after unplugging and replugging.
Also, make sure you are using the right ip address.  They had my ip as
*.*.*.1 and I actually had to set my gateway on my Linux machine to *.*.*.2.
If all else fails, I would boot into windows, run ipconfig /all and set my
Linux gateway to the same gateway and then set the interface to DHCP.