[ale] One to one NAT mapping

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Mar 7 15:44:52 EST 2001

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d $REALADDRESS -j DNAT --to $INTERNALIP
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s $INTERNALIP -j SNAT --to $REALADDRESS

The first line will repoint the incoming packets to the actual address
used by the interface. The second will make the leaving packets appear to
have come from the real IP address.

This may be easier to do with ip aliasing. Just have the the real IP
address listed on the NIC and it will also pickup those packets as well as
the ones sent to the private net address.