[ale] Kernel v2.4.x and Firewalls

Bob Kruger krugerb at benning.army.mil
Wed Mar 7 11:21:29 EST 2001

I just compiled kernel v2.4.2.  Everything is working fine with the
exception of the firewall.  IP-Chains is not working.  I am sure that
there is a new feature or set of features in the kernel that either
supercedes ipchains or that I have not configured properly.  I have
looked for some documentation on firewalls and kernel 2.4.x, but no
success.  For that reason I am back to running v2.2.18.

Anyone using kernel v2.4.x successfully with a firewall and can pass on
some hints?

Regards - Bob Kruger