[ale] question

JB Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 14:32:48 EST 2001

If I set the server's IP to the target address, will
the client try to do a search for that IP on my local
network first or go straight for the PPP connection?
It's necessary to start the PPP connection because the
windows program is bound to it on installation and
waits to detect the connection before attempting to
communicate with the server.

thanks for your help

jb

--- Michael Mealling <michael at bailey.dscga.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:21:44AM -0800, JB Wells
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to reverse engineer a windows app that
> > connects to an IP address on port 7818 when a
> Dial-up
> > networking session has been opened.
> >
> > Is there any way I can spoof this IP, effectively
> > tricking the windows program into sending packets
> to a
> > server program I've bound to that port on a
> machine in
> > my home network?
>
> Put them both on their own isolated segment and let
> your server claim to be
> that IP address...
>
> -MM

=====