[ale] realplayer on linux

Michael Golden naugrim at juno.com
Sat Mar 3 20:51:47 EST 2001

>[root at atlanta phrostie]# rpm -i rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1_rpm
>package RealPlayer-8.0-1 is for a different architecture
>
>i'm running on a 350Mhz AMD.

I received the same message on my 450 Mhz AMD. I've never installed that rpm
on an Intel box so I can't compare there. I just installed with the
--ignore-arch (or something like that) flag and it installed and still works
find. I don't know if it is an rpm bug or if they built it wrong or what
gives, but if you force it to install, it does work. If anyone knows exactly
why it gives the error even when it works, I'm interested in knowing too.

Michael Golden